MEMS and NEMS (micro-electro
mechanical systems and nano-electro mechanical systems)
are rapidly becoming ubiquitous in consumer and
industrial products, including smartphones and tablets,
automobiles, scientific equipment, and medical devices.
The technology allows fabrication of incredibly
small sensors, actuators, optical and acoustical
components, filters and detectors.
MEMS/NEMS devices are increasingly
widespread in a variety of technology areas:
Among the many devices that have been commercialized
are inkjet printheads, gyroscopes, accelerometers,
microphones, and oscillators.
Plasma-Therm has developed equipment and processes
for deep silicon and oxide etching required to fabricate
- Profile control with parameter morphing
- Smooth side wall with short process step
- Fast Gas Switching (patented)
- Fast and stable pressure control (patented)
- Solid-state RF tuning
- Notchless silicon-on-insulator etching (patent
- Innovative RF bias waveform
- Patented endpoint detection techniques
- Aspect-ratio-dependent etching reduction
- Process stability (temperature-stabilized
The application of these technologies has resulted
in unmatched process flexibility and latitude. Additionally,
these technologies result in industry-leading selectivities
to mask material.
Plasma-Therm continues to develop specific solutions
for the MEMS/NEMS industry.